March 17, 2011

Review: Looking For Alaska

Looking For Alaska by John Green

About: Miles Halter is fascinated by famous last words and tired of his safe life at home. He leaves for boarding school to seek what the dying poet Francois Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps." Much awaits Miles at Culver Creek, including Alaska Young. Clever, funny, screwed-up, and dead sexy, Alaska will pull Miles into her labyrinth and catapult him into the Great Perhaps. (from goodreads.com)

Review: I enjoyed this book rather a lot. I liked the characters, mostly 'Pudge' aka Miles Halter. A good thing about the book was his friends didn't over power the main character like sometimes the quirky friends do, Pudge held his own, despite having no friends before he went to boarding school at Culiver Creek. I liked reading it through the author's voice. It felt like everything was a direct story from his life, although I don't know if it was, I liked to pretend. The whole book was great and kept me reading from start to finish. Also, I liked how he ended the book with a little bit of an essay from Pudge, it made me smile. One character I found interesting was Alaska Young, she made such an impact on everyone's lives at school, and  made me realize how one person can change someone, or a lot of people's lives. It was a very good and easy read, I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to jump and gain their 'Great Perhaps'.

No comments:

Post a Comment