June 9, 2010

Review: Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
About: High school junior Aislinn and her grandmother have followed strict rules all their lives to hide their ability to see faeries because faeries don't like it when mortals can see them, and faeries can be very cruel. Only the strongest faeries can withstand iron, however, so Aislinn prefers the city with its steel girders and bridges. She takes refuge with Seth, her would-be lover, who lives in a set of old train carriages. But now Aislinn is being stalked by two of the faeries who are able to take on human form and are not deterred by steel. What do they want from her?

Review: Over all, the book was good. The hard thing was, I had no feelings towards Aislinn, I didn't really like her and she didn't appeal to me in the slightest. Her 'boyfriend', Seth, I imagined him good looking but I tried to imagine him without all his nipple, eyebrow and other piercings, I don't find that attractive at all. I really liked Keenan, The Summer King and his girl Donia, a Winter Girl. I liked them so much more than the mail characters. The book was entertaining, the ending was predictable, I do want to finish the series. But I will still be renting them from the library, nothing I'd buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment