September 2, 2011

Review: Peter Pan

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
About: Peter Pan, the book based on J.M. Barrie's famous play, is filled with unforgettable characters: Peter Pan, the boy who would not grow up; the fairy, Tinker Bell; the evil pirate, Captain Hook; and the three children--Wendy, John, and Michael--who fly off with Peter Pan to Neverland, where they meet Indians and pirates and a crocodile that ticks. Renowned children's-book artist Michael Hague has brought the amazing adventures of Peter Pan to life. His beautiful illustrations capture the wild, seductive power of this classic book. (from goodreads.com)

Review: First off I have to say how much I'm in love with Peter Pan. How I have never read it before is beyond me. All the characters, adventures, stories and make believe filled that childish part in my heart that I will never let go of. Peter Pan was one of those books I didn't want to end. Oh Wendy, go back to Neverland and have more wonderful adventures with Peter so I may read them!I enjoyed how I read the story as an on-looker, a third party watching the events unfold. On of my favourite adventures was the Mermaid Lagoon, where Tiger Lily is put on Marooner's Rock. Everyone is saved but Pan stays on the rock, unable to fly from a wound by Hook, his line to Wendy, after she is taken away by Tootle's kite is "To Die Would Be An Awfully Big Adventure". How can you not be in love with this book, it just has the essence of childhood and wonder, excitement, adventure, imagination. I'm so glad I bought it, because I will be reading it over and over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment