October 5, 2010

Review: Everwild

Everwild by Neal Shusterman

About: Everlost, the limbo land of dead children, is at war. Nick the “Chocolate Ogre” wants to help the children of Everlost reach the light at the end of the tunnel. Mary Hightower, self-proclaimed queen of lost children and dangerous fanatic, is determined to keep Everlost’s children trapped within its limbo for all eternity. Traveling in the memory of the Hindenburg, Mary is spreading her propaganda and attracting Afterlights to her cause at a frightening speed.

Meanwhile, Allie the Outcast travels home to seek out her parents, along with Mikey, who was once the terrifying monster the McGill. Allie is tempted by the seductive thrill of skinjacking the living, until she discovers the shocking truth about skinjackers. (from goodreads.com)

Review: I read the first book in the Skin Jacker Trilogies, Everlost, a while ago. But the amazing in between world Neal Shusterman made, came back to me in a rush. The amazing logic and physics in Everlost is just phenomenal. The dead spots, the different abilities some afterlights have, its all just so original. They are very fun books and I really like the characters. I found it a bit hard to get through. I mean don't get me wrong its a fun book, and super interesting. I just couldn't find myself needing to read it. I wasn't turning each page in anticipation to find out what happens next. Its a fun entertaining book and great for an easy read. I like the way Shusterman really develops the world the afterlights live in, and the relationships between each character. My favourite was Zin, the ripper. She's a girl dressed up as a boy who died in the civil war era. She's cute and spunky, but loves to take orders like a good soldier. Over all it was a good book and I do look forward to reading the last instalment. Just nothing I would buy and re read often.

No comments:

Post a Comment